« Boston Python puzzles
Mystery of mysteries, icon of geekdom... the irrational number pi. Is it a
secret code, a message from the universe? Let's find out.
Convert the digits of pi into uppercase ASCII letters.
- What is the first 3-letter English word in pi? (Hint: The word 'OLD' appears at digit 1807, and it is not the first one.
- What is the first 4-letter word? (Hint: it's a weird part of a bird!)
- What is the first 5-letter word? (Hint: 'VIRUS' is at 3056055 and it's not the first.)
- 6-letter word? (It is suuuuch a good word! Hint: Google would have chosen it if somehow they controlled the universe itself which they don't, do they?)
- 7-letter word...? This is an open question. I have not found it yet!
You can find millions of digits of pi online, but I also have txt files of
pi up to a billion digits.
- Andrew Ross's solution is pi.py
If you have a solution you'd like to share see the Solutions page for instructions.